Monday, May 27, 2013

Final Exam

1) My most successful project was Printmaking. It was difficult at times but wasn't too complicated for me. I didn't exceed all Mrs. Rossi's expectations but I did the best I could do. I was confident and pleased with the work that I did. It was fun to carve and paint the linoleum. The reason why I liked this project so much is because it was a challenge but not too stressful. I was able to do the artwork the way I wanted to, instead of trying to follow guidelines. This project was your imagination and your ideas and not what someone else was telling you to do. That's what I like about art, is it can be whatever you want it to be and not what others tell you and I think this Kangaroo Printmaking was the most successful project for me.

2) The project that taught me the most, the one I grew and developed from was the Value Car drawing. It required for you to follow the guidelines and technique to complete the project. Even though art is for you to do what you want, you need to know the basics and skills. Then you can take what you learn and prosper and be whatever artist you desire to be. With this project, I developed skills and learned how to draw an object based off an original copy. In addition, I learned how to use value into my artwork. There were so many factors that played into the overall finishing product. I really learned how to use what I was taught and put it to some use.

3) The project that required a lot of skills and techniques was the Cartoon Skeleton. You didn't have anything to base the actual skeleton off of. It depended on what you know about the basic human skeleton and then applying that to the cartoon. This project showed what you truly are capable of. If you could take the skills that you learned and figure out how to make things work. At times I got really frustrated and wondered if I was even capable of doing this. I would critique my work and try to perfect it the best I could. In the end, I was very proud and pleased with the way everything had turned out.

4) The project that I honestly felt was unimportant and not useful was the Stencil Portrait. Everyone, especially me, seemed to be struggling a lot when it came to this project. It was hard to make sure everything was aligned and all went together. I compared my final project to the original picture and it looked nothing alike. It was difficult to use the spray paint and was very messy. This didn't help me grow as an artist whatsoever. If anything, the only thing I learned is that I do not have the patience for this and that my artwork was such a failure. The process was frustrating and it was just a very difficult project overall.
5) Out of all the projects, the artwork that reflected me the most was the Clay Tiles. I love working with clay because it's such a fun experience. We had to create a biome with an animal in it using clay for this project. I also love nature so I was looking forward to this project. The thing about clay is it can be hard to work with but it isn't impossible. This project was one of the easier projects to do but you can still make it your own piece of art. It reflects me because I chose to make the clay into a manatee in it's natural habitat and manatees have always interested me. The overall project was a fun experience and it was definitely one of my favorite projects we had to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment