Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Printmaking


For this project we had to find references for different animals and their habitats.  I chose the kangaroo and it's habitat was in the desert. The next step was tracing a sketch based off the references I had in my sketchbook.  Then I traced my sketch onto the linoleum and cut out the areas that I wanted to stay white.  Next I rolled paint over the linoleum and then pressed it down onto paper. This was my best final project out of the 5 I had completed. I either used too much paint or too less and this was the best ratio I could achieve. The only problem is I still used too much paint for what was expected. I enjoyed printmaking but next time I'll remember that in this scenario, having too much can not always work out.




















No comments:

Post a Comment